KW StudCo...Everybody Counts!"
The student council is a body of students that seeks to be a voice for their peers, recognizing student concerns and interests in efforts to create an involved and positive student climate while being active members within the KWHS school community and greater Casper community.
Mission Statement: We will promote positive goal setting in the areas of communication, organization, and citizenship by presenting and listening to ideas within our school and community, planning and executing events and ideas with careful consideration and reaching out to make a positive difference.
KWHS Student Council Leadership Standards:
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making
• Goal Setting
• Group Process
KWHS Student Council received the honor of "Honor Council" at the 2011 Wyoming Association of Student Councils state convention in Evanston. Connor Diller also received "All State Student Council" at the convention.
Student Council activities include:
• Freshman orientation
• Freshman elections
• Homecoming activities (Powder Puff Football, Homecoming Royalty Coronation, Burning of the Letters, 3-on-3 Basketball)
• Platte River Parkway Cleanup
• Wyoming Association of Student Councils state convention (workshop presenters, small group leaders, state candidates)
• Trick-or-Treating for Cans
• 2 Tons of Love Food Drive (benefitting Holy Cross Food Center & Casper Humane Society)
• Turkey Bowling
• COED Ball
• Toys 4 Tots
• Staff & student recognition
• Fundraising for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wyoming
• Blood Drives for United Blood Services
• Pep Assemblies
• Keep Casper Clean - clean up activities
• KW Cancer Walk (Month-long Relay For Life activity...benefitting American Cancer Society & Central Wyoming Hospice)
• Leadership activities
• Summer Leadership Conference
A Wish for Leaders
by Dr. Earl Reum
I sincerely wish you will have the experience of thinking up a new idea, planning it, organizing it, and following it to completion and having it be magnificently successful. I also hope you'll go through the same process and have something "bomb out."
I wish you could know how it feels "to run" with all your heart and lose - horribly.
I wish that you could achieve some great good for mankind, but have nobody know about it except you.
I wish you could find something so worthwhile that you deem it worthy of investing your life.
I hope you become frustrated and challenged enough to begin to push back the very barriers of your own personal limitations.
I hope you make a stupid, unethical mistake and get caught red-handed and are big enough to say those magic words "I was wrong."
I hope you give so much of yourself that some days you wonder if it is worth it all.
I wish for you a magnificent obsession that will give you a reason for living and purpose and direction in life.
I wish for you the worst kind of criticism for everything you do, because that makes you fight to achieve beyond what you normally would.
I wish for you the experience of leadership.